Adopt a senior pet (6 years or older) or a pet who has been available for adoption for 3 months or longer.
- Dogs $115
- Cats $95
Take home two kittens or cats for $180.
Pockets Pets & Others
- Rats & Hamsters $15
- Parakeets $10
- Guinea Pigs $15
- Other small pets Varies
Adoption fee includes
- Spay/neuter surgery (dogs, cats & rabbits)
- Species-appropriate current vaccinations and microchip (registration not included)
- Health examination by spcaLA medical staff
- Certificate for free health examination by participating VCA Animal Hospital
- Leash or carrier
Don’t Leave Home Without
- Proof of address
- Valid government-issued identification
- Copy of lease and/or landlord’s phone number
- Payment (spcaLA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
or American Express)
- Family members to meet new pets
- Adequate time and patience! The adoption process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an application and speak with an spcaLA Adoption Counselor.
Please be Advised
- Once an adoption application is approved, you will be required to bring current family pets to meet the new pet. This rule always applies to dogs and sometimes to cats. Please be prepared to show proof of current vaccines for your resident pet(s).
- If an animal has NOT been spayed or neutered, he/she will not be released until after the surgery has been performed.
- spcaLA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and may deny adoptions at their discretion.
- Additional fees may apply for medication and e-collars.
Adding a new member to your family is a lifetime commitment. Please be sure this is the right decision for you.
Shelter pets' breeds and ages are characterizations based on appearance, and are not meant to indicate or guarantee lifespan, temperament, disposition, lineage or actual breed.