Dog Adoption (4 months-5 years)
Underdog (6 years & older)
$30 Off Bonded Pair
Reduced Fee for Adopting Bonded Dog Pair
Puppy Adoption (3 months & younger)
Cat Adoption (2 months-5 years)
Undercat (6 years & older)
$220 ($110 each)
Purrfect Pair (2 cats or kittens)
Adoption fee includes
- Spay/neuter surgery (dogs, cats, & rabbits)
- Pain management medication (rabbits only)
- Species-appropriate current vaccinations and microchip (registration not included)
- Health examination by spcaLA medical staff
- Certificate for free health examination by participating VCA Animal Hospital
- No enrollment fee for Trupanion pet insurance*
- spcaLA branded collar (while supplies last)
- spcaLA branded leash (dogs only) (while supplies last)
Please note: adoption fees may vary based on adoption specials, subsidies, breed appearance, length of stay, and other factors. Additional fees may apply for medication and e-collars.
DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT
- Proof of address
- Valid, government-issued identification.
- Copy of lease and/or landlord’s phone number
- Payment (spcaLA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express)
- Family members to meet new pets
- Adequate time and patience! The adoption process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an application and speak with an spcaLA Adoption Counselor.
PLEASE BE ADVISED
- Adoptions are done on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. If several parties are interested in the same animal, spcaLA will enter them into a ‘lottery’ and begin the adoption process with the first name drawn. Please note: we are unable to verify arrival time prior to our opening. As such, if multiple groups arrive for the same animal prior to opening time, spcaLA will use the lottery system regardless of place in line.
- Once an adoption application is approved, you will be required to bring current family pets to meet the new pet. This rule always applies to dogs and sometimes to cats. Please be prepared to show proof of current vaccines for your resident pet(s).
- If an animal has NOT been spayed or neutered, he/she will not be released until after the surgery has been performed.
- spcaLA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and may deny adoptions at their discretion.
- Additional fees may apply for medication and e-collars.
ADDING A NEW MEMBER TO YOUR FAMILY IS A LIFETIME COMMITMENT.
PLEASE BE SURE THIS IS THE RIGHT DECISION FOR YOU.
Shelter pets’ breeds and ages are characterizations based on appearance, and are not meant to indicate or guarantee lifespan, temperament, disposition, lineage or actual breed.
*Terms and conditions apply, ask your adoption counselor for more information.