Dogs must be current on their Rabies, DHPP (or equivalent) and Bordetella vaccines and be in good general health. Fees paid for dogs excused from class due to a medical concern who are unable to return to class will not be refunded.
spcaLA classes are not meant to address serious aggression or behavior issues. Dogs exhibiting these behaviors may be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. If you animal is displaying behaviors that may cause concern please call the Behavior Helpline (323) 730-5300, ext 260.
Some classes have prerequisites or items that must be completed prior to enrollment. These range from taking a specific class to being invited by the trainer to attend the class. Please read the description of each class to ensure you and your dog are ready to attend. If you enroll in a class and it is determined that your dog does not meet the prerequisites for participation, you will be excused from the class without refund.
Registration & Payment
Classes fill quickly. You may register online or return the completed registration form with payment to the following address.
Attn: Dog Training
5026 West Jefferson Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Payment must be made in full at the time of registration, no exceptions. Please email training@spcaLA.com if you need additional information about class availability.
Please be on time to class. In deference to other students, those who arrive 10 minutes late to class will not be admitted and will be marked as absent.
Please note, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
For your safety, spcaLA requires that you, your handlers and your guests wear closed-toe shoes during class.
Even during summer months, flip-flops and other sandals are not permitted.
- Classes must be paid for in full at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled start date including online registrations and manual registrations.
- Every student must submit an online registration or manual registration for every class, regardless if the payment is made online or by check.
- If space is still available class registrations will be accepted until the start of the scheduled class.
- Refunds & cancellations offered until 72 hours prior to the class’ scheduled start date.
- Students must request a cancellation no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled class start date.
- Refunds will be processed within one week of students request for refund/cancellation.
- No refunds or cancellations after the first night of class.
- Students can change to a different class 72 hours prior to their current class start date.
- Class change requests must be submitted in writing. Current class enrollment and desired class enrollment information must be included.
- Students may only switch classes if space is available.
- No drop-ins or pro-rated class fees.
- Once payment is received you will receive a receipt and class information via email.
Don’t see a start date for a class you are interested in taking? Email training@spcaLA.com to be placed on the waiting list.
Class Cancellations, Rescheduling & Holidays
Most classes run weekly for six weeks—view specific class descriptions for more information. Classes can be cancelled and/or postponed with no notice. We will do our best to alert you if classes are cancelled or rescheduled, so you may adjust your schedule accordingly. You will receive the full number of sessions, but the class end date may be later than anticipated. Below is the current list of days in which classes are not held. This is only a preliminary list of dark days; individual classes can be cancelled and anytime without notice and the end date adjusted accordingly. This is usually due to weather. Refunds are not given if you are unable to attend any scheduled classes.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (as well as the day before and after)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day