spcaLA's Friends for Life
Spring Camp™ 2013
April 1–5, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the spcaLA's Friends for Life Camp™ information page. We are glad to see that you are interested in our 4th annual spring camp!
spcaLA's Friends for Life Spring Camp™ is a week long and is designed for 9-12 year olds. At camp, kids learn basic care and responsibility for pets, respect for animals, and the beginnings of dog training — all while having fun with friends! Campers will participate in animal-related crafts and activities, see dog training demos, and do obedience and agility training with shelter dogs.
There is also a wonderful opportunity for graduated campers! Anyone who is between the ages of 15-17 and has attended Friends for Life Camp™ in the past may apply to be a Camp Counselor in Training (CIT). If you are interested in learning more about this, please CLICK HERE.
About spcaLA’s Friends for Life Spring Camp™ FAQ
- Drop off begins at 8:45am.
- Pick up is promptly at 3pm every day.
- Your child must be 9 years old by the start of the week they are attending.
- Children are required to wear/bring long pants and closed-toe shoes in order to work with the shelter animals. Capris are not long pants.
- Campers should bring a sack lunch every day.
- One t-shirt is included in the cost. Additional t-shirts may be ordered for $15.00 per shirt.
- Upon online registration a confirmation packet will be emailed to you.
- Peanut butter is a common item used at the shelter. If your child has nut allergies, please contact Melanie Wagner, Director of Humane Education, to discuss available options.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Melanie Wagner, Director of Humane Education, at MWagner@spcaLA.com.
spcaLA's Spring Camp Registration Information:
Registration begins January 14, 2013 at 10 a.m.
When:April 1–5, 2013
Monday through Friday
Drop off begins at 8:45am
Where:PD Pitchford Companion Animal Village and Education Center
7700 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA, 90815
15–17 (Counselors in Training)
Cost:$300 for campers
$150 for CITs
Online registration will begin on January 14, 2013 at 10 a.m. After your registration is complete and your child has been accepted, a confirmation packet will be emailed to you. The confirmation packet will include a confirmation of the camp dates and requirements; please check this information carefully to ensure that your child is properly registered.
If you are unable to register with a credit card, please contact Melanie Wagner at (310) 676-1149, ext. 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you