Fees & Requirements
(3 months & under)
Cat & Kitten Adoption
Adopt a senior pet (6 years or older) or a pet who has been our guest for 3 months or longer.
- Dogs are $125
- Cats are $100
Adopt two felines together for $190.
Rabbits are $80.
Rats and Hamsters are $15 each.
Parakeets are $10.
Guinea Pigs are $15.
Other animal prices vary.
Adoption fee includes
- Spay/neuter surgery (dogs, cats & rabbits)
- Pain management medication(rabbits only)
- Species-appropriate current vaccinations and microchip (registration not included)
- Health examination by spcaLA medical staff
- Certificate for free health examination by participating VCA Animal Hospital
- spcaLA branded collar*
- spcala branded leash (dogs only)*
Don’t Leave Home Without
- Proof of address
- Valid government-issued identification
- Copy of lease and/or landlord’s phone number
- Payment (spcaLA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
or American Express)
- Family members to meet new pets
- Adequate time and patience! The adoption process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an application and speak with an spcaLA Adoption Counselor.
Please be Advised
- Once an adoption application is approved, you will be required to bring current family pets to meet the new pet. This rule always applies to dogs and sometimes to cats. Please be prepared to show proof of current vaccines for your resident pet(s).
- If an animal has NOT been spayed or neutered, he/she will not be released until after the surgery has been performed.
- spcaLA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and may deny adoptions at their discretion.
- Additional fees may apply for medication and e-collars.
Adding a new member to your family is a lifetime commitment. Please be sure this is the right decision for you.
*Adopters of pets adopted at the PetSmart Charities® Everyday Adoption Center will be emailed a coupon for a collar or collar/leash set, redeemable at spcaLA locations in Long Beach or Hawthorne.
Purina® Pets for Seniors Learn More
Purina® Pets for Seniors provides financial assistance on adoption fees to qualified senior citizens. If you are age 60 or more, ask your adoption counselor if you qualify.