Fees & Requirements
(3 months & under)
Adopt a senior pet (6 years or older) or a pet who has been our guest for 3 months or longer.
- Dogs are $115
- Cats are $95
Adopt two felines together for $180.
Rats and Hamsters are $15 each.
Parakeets are $10.
Guinea Pigs are $15.
Other animal prices vary.
Adoption fee includes
- Spay/neuter surgery (dogs, cats & rabbits)
- Pain management medication(rabbits only)
- Species-appropriate current vaccinations and microchip (registration not included)
- Health examination by spcaLA medical staff
- Certificate for free health examination by participating VCA Animal Hospital
- Temporary leash or carrier
Don’t Leave Home Without
- Proof of address
- US State issued identification/driver’s license
- Copy of lease and/or landlord’s phone number
- Payment (spcaLA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
or American Express)
- Family members to meet new pets
- Adequate time and patience! The adoption process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an application and speak with an spcaLA Adoption Counselor.
Please be Advised
- Once an adoption application is approved, you will be required to bring current family pets to meet the new pet. This rule always applies to dogs and sometimes to cats.
- If an animal has NOT been spayed or neutered, he/she will not be released until after the surgery has been performed.
- spcaLA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and may deny adoptions at their discretion.
- Additional fees may apply for medication and e-collars.
Adding a new member to your family is a lifetime commitment. Please be sure this is the right decision for you.
Purina® Pets for Seniors Learn More
Purina® Pets for Seniors provides financial assistance on adoption fees to qualified senior citizens. If you are age 60 or more, ask your adoption counselor if you qualify.