spcaLA’s Foster Care: They can’t Live Without You!
spcaLA needs Foster Parents! Year round, spcaLA cares for pets of all ages that require a little extra TLC. These pets may need extra socialization, require medical care, or are too young for adoption, like bottle babies, the litters of motherless kittens that come to spcaLA during Kitten Season (the warm spring and summer months). Foster Parents help pets with special needs and prepare them for adoption into permanent loving homes. Click here to download a flyer with foster information to print and hang at your favorite meeting spots like schools, the gym, coffee houses, etc.
"When it is time for kittens to go back to the shelter for adoption, it can be hard to see them go. But for me, there is no greater joy than seeing a little bottle-baby grow big and strong enough to go up for adoption! We call it graduation because they are graduating to a wonderful new life at the shelter before they move on to their forever home!"
- spcaLA foster parent of 12 years, Kathey Haas
Become a Foster Parent
To become an spcaLA Foster Parent, complete and submit an application. Once approved, attend a Foster Class and we’ll match a pet with your abilities and preferences. spcaLA provides food, litter, medical care, bedding, toys and 24 hour support. At spcaLA we are dedicated to giving our Foster Volunteers the tools they need to be successful parents!
Things to Know Before You Apply:
- Questions to ask yourself before you apply
- Steps to becoming an spcaLA foster volunteer
- Requirements for spcaLA foster volunteers
- spcaLA foster volunteer commitment
- Frequently asked questions
Upcoming Foster Classes
Potential Foster Parents must fill out an application prior to attending class.
P.D. Pitchford Companion
Animal Village & Education
Center See Map
- Sunday, September 14th, 2014 10AM-12PM
- Sunday, November 16th, 2014 10AM-12PM
- Sunday, January 11th, 2015 10AM-12PM
- Saturday, March 14th, 2015 10AM-12PM
- Saturday, May 16th, 2015 10AM-12PM
South Bay Pet Adoption
Center See Map
- Saturday, October 18th, 2014 10AM-12PM
- Saturday, December 13th, 2014 10AM-12PM
- Sunday, February 15th, 2015 10AM-12PM
- Sunday, April 12th, 2015 10AM-12PM
- Sunday, June 14th, 2015 10AM-12PM
For more information, please call (888) 772-2521, ext 300 or email at volunteer@spcaLA.com