Fun Crafts for Kids
POM POM CAT TOY
- Paper Straw
- Pipe Cleaner
- Hold one end of yarn in one hand and wrap the yarn around the same hand about 50 times.
- Cut the end of the string and carefully slip the wrapped yarn off your hand without unwrapping it
- Tie the yarn in the middle using a 2ft long piece of yarn (tie on the far end of the piece of yarn).
- Trim the wrapped piece of yarn until it looks like a pom pom, being careful not to cut the long piece of yarn.
- Push the long piece of yarn through the straw using a pipe cleaner.
- Tie a knot on the end of the straw with the yarn.
TRUFFLE DOG TREATS (makes ~40 treats)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cookie sheet
- Paper plate
- Peanut butter
- Apple sauce
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1/4 cup of Apple Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons of peanut butter
On Paper plate:
- 1/4 cup of oats
- Thoroughly mix all bowl ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Take a tablespoon of mix out and roll it into a ball.
- Cover each ball of mixture in the plate of oats to fully coat.
- Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for a few hours.
DOG ROPE TOYS
- Three 2”-wide strips of fleece or stretchy fabric, about 6 feet long
- Find a partner to help.
- Have one person hold all 3 strips together and fold in half to find the middle.
- Hold the fabric about 5” from the middle on either side.
- Braid the strips of fabric for about 10”, using the first person’s hand as the starting point.
- Fold the braid in half and match up the loose strips of fabric. This braid becomes the handle of the toy.
- Hold the handle where loose strips of fabric meet and pair the loose strips of fabric.
- Braid these paired strips of fabric together into one braid.
- Tie the end in a knot.