Steps to Become an spcaLA Volunteer
- Attend an info session, and find out if spcaLA is the place for you.*
- Determine your schedule (based on the current positions available) and make a six-month commitment of at least two hours a week.
- Complete and return an Adult and/or Youth Volunteer Application by email, mail, fax or in person.
- Your volunteer application will be reviewed by the Volunteer Services Department.
- Upon approval, you will be invited to attend a New Volunteer Orientation class (an hour & a half class, scheduled regularly). Applicants must complete the orientation within 90 days of initial invitation.
- Complete any required meeting, classes or training (you’ll learn what types of additional classes you need to attend during the info session and orientation).
- Volunteer regularly!
*Note: If you’re interested in volunteering at the PetSmart Charities™ Everyday Adoption Center in Pico Rivera, the process is a bit different. Please email us at volunteer@spcaLA.com for more information.