Covid-19 & spcaLA: Ways to Help
Send pet food, cat litter, and treats via the spcaLA Amazon Wish List, or another delivery service. Donated items should be shipped to spcaLA, Attn: Donations 7700 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815. You can also purchase needed items from the spcaLA Marketplace and we’ll deliver them to the shelter. Email marketplace@spcaLA.com to get started.
Drop Off URGENTLY NEEDED Items
What we need:
- Most Urgently: Bully sticks, Earth Animal sticks, brand-new blankets & towels, durable dog & cat toys, canned dog & puppy food
- Also Needed: Kitten Replacement Milk (KMR) & bottles, canned and dry pet food (kitten/puppy/dog/cat), heating pads
- spcaLA cannot accept used items or donations of opened food or treats, nor can we accept used blankets or towels at this time.
When and where to drop-off:
- 9am to 10am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, starting Monday, March 30th.
- spcaLA South Bay Pet Adoption Center (12910 Yukon Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250) OR spcaLA PD Pitchford Companion Animal Village & Education Center (7700 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815) during drop-off hours.
How to drop-off:
- Pull up to the donation drop-off pallet at South Bay or Long Beach (in front of the ADOPTIONS entrance at Long Beach).
- Unload your donations directly onto the donation drop-off pallet, then return to your vehicle, and go back to being Safer at Home.
- If there’s another donor ahead of you, remain in your vehicle until they’ve completed their donation and safely returned to their vehicle.
- If you’d like a receipt: take a photo of your donation and send it to funddevelopment@spcaLA.com.
For your safety, and that of our staff and the animals in our care, please do not linger, or exit your vehicle for a purpose other than dropping off a donation. We love your pets, but please keep them safely at home.
Give While You Shop
- Use AmazonSmile.
- Vote for spcaLA on your TargetCircle app (until 3/31).
- Make spcaLA your charity of choice on your Ralphs account (NPO Number 82162).
Keep Your Pets Supplied.
spcaLA is offering pet supply purchase by appointment. Email marketplace@spcaLA.com for more information.
Start a fundraiser – ask your friends to help abused & abandoned animals.