Covid-19 & spcaLA: Ways to Help
Drop Off URGENTLY NEEDED Items
- Most Urgently Needed: Bully sticks, Earth Animal sticks, brand-new or gently-used and recently washed blankets & towels, durable dog & cat toys, canned dog & puppy food
- Also Needed: Kitten Replacement Milk (KMR) & bottles, canned and dry pet food (kitten/puppy/dog/cat), heating pads
- spcaLA cannot accept donations of opened food or treats, medication, nor can we accept used items, other than clean & gently used blankets, towels, stainless-steel pet bowls, and newspaper.
When and where to drop-off:
Donation drop-off appointments are available 7-days a week – appointments are appreciated, but not required. NOTE: we are closed on major holidays.
- spcaLA Administration Office (5026 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016): Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm
- spcaLA South Bay Pet Adoption Center (12910 Yukon Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250): Wednesday-Friday, 10am-3pm
- spcaLA PD Pitchford Companion Animal Village & Education Center (Look for ADOPTIONS sign, 7700 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815): Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-3pm
How to drop-off:
- DURING DROP-OFF HOURS:
- Pull up to the donation drop-off area (in front of Adoptions sign in Long Beach, at the Administration Gate in Los Angeles, and in front of the building in Hawthorne).
- Unload your donations directly in the donation drop-off, then return to your vehicle, and go back to being Safer at Home.
- If there’s another donor ahead of you, remain in your vehicle until they’ve completed their donation and safely returned to their vehicle.
- If you’d like a receipt: take a photo of your donation and send it to funddevelopment@spcaLA.com.
Please help us keep our animals, staff, volunteers, & community safe:
Please do not linger, or exit your vehicle for a purpose other than dropping off a donation. We love your pets, but please keep them safely at home. Do not drop-off used items (other than those listed above), opened food/treats, or medications.
Ship Needed Items
Send pet food, cat litter, and treats via the spcaLA Amazon Wish List, or another delivery service. Donated items should be shipped to spcaLA, Attn: Donations 7700 E Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815. You can also purchase needed items from the spcaLA Marketplace and we’ll deliver them to the shelter. Email marketplace@spcaLA.com to get started.
Give While You Shop
- Use AmazonSmile.
- Make spcaLA your charity of choice on your Ralphs account (NPO Number 82162).
- View all of spcaLA’s Shopping Partners.
Start a fundraiser – ask your friends to help abused & abandoned animals.
Sew & Donate Masks
Make reusable masks for use by spcaLA Veterinary Services. Completed masks should be shipped to spcaLA, Attn: Mask Donation 7700 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA 90815 or dropped-off during donation drop-ff times. Download the PDF pattern courtesy of The Turban Project, or watch the how-to video, courtesy of Deaconess.
Make & Donate Dog Bandannas
Make colorful bandannas for use by our shelter pets – these bandannas help them get noticed and adopted via their adoption photos and videos. Completed bandannas should be shipped to spcaLA, Attn: Bandanna Donation 7700 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA 90815 or dropped-off during donation drop-ff times. Watch the how-to video.