- This event has passed.
Run for Team spcaLA!
February 13, 2016 - February 14, 2016
Last year, we raised $20,000 for animals! Let’s do it again!
Online registration is closed, however you can still join the team!
“I run for every animal that has made an impression on my life. Be it a friendly wag of the tail as I run by or a gentle headbutt to signal when to pet. I hope the money I raise will give the animals in spcaLA’s care a chance to live a full life.”
– Gulpo (Team spcaLA Runner)
When is the race?
- LA Big 5k: Saturday, February 13th at 8am starting at Dodger Stadium (map)
- LA Marathon & Charity Relay: Sunday, February 14th at 6:55am beginning at Dodger Stadium and ending in Santa Monica (Map)
I’m already registered for the LA Marathon or LA Big 5k – can I still join Team spcaLA?
YES! We are so happy to have you! Just set up your fundraising page here (you can create an account using your Facebook or email address): https://2016-la-marathon.everydayhero.com/us/spcala. Then, shoot us a quick email at mdavenport@spcaLA.com or call (323) 730-5300, x233 to let us know you’re on board!
How do I sign up?
- Register for your race here (LA Marathon registration closes 2.10.16. You can register for the LA Big 5k online until 2.10.16, on race morning, or at the Health & Fitness Expo).
- Set up your fundraising page here: https://2016-la-marathon.everydayhero.com/us/spcala and raise or donate $350 for abandoned & abused animals by March 16, 2016.
- Contact spcaLA to let us know you’re joining the team – call (323) 730-5300, x233 or email mdavenport@spcaLA.com
- LA Big 5k runners can pick up their spcaLA t-shirts on race morning. For Marathoners, shirts will be mailed post-race.
Do I have to raise $350 by February 13th?
NO! You’ve got plenty of time to collect donations from friends and family! We ask that you raise your funds by March 16, 2016 but your Everyday Hero Donation page will stay live until April 1st!
What do donations provide?
- A gift of $25 helps provide food, shelter and love for a suffering animal.
- A gift of $50 provides a full vet exam, vaccinations and microchip to a shelter pet.
- A gift of $150 allows spcaLA Humane Officers to remove an abused or neglected pet from a dangerous situation.
- A gift of $500 will help pay to process forensic evidence in an animal cruelty investigation.
What am I agreeing to when I join Team spcaLA?
- Paying your race registration fee directly to LA Marathon, Inc.
- Calling or emailing spcaLA at (323) 730-5300, x233 or mdavenport@spcaLA.com to let us know you’ve joined.
- Raising or donating at least $350 (LA Big 5k), $650 (LA Marathon), or $1,300 (Charity Relay Team) for spcaLA by March 16, 2016.
- Running (or walking) 3.1 miles, 26.2 miles, or approximately 13.1 miles in your chosen race on Saturday, February 13th or Sunday, February 14th.
- Sign Up
Why do I pay a registration fee?
The LA Big 5k is put on by LA Marathon Inc., and your spcaLA is an official charity partner of the LA Marathon and the LA Big 5k. Registration fees are given to LA Marathon Inc. There are race registration fees (not tax-deductible, non-refundable, non-transferrable) for all races.
Can I bring my pet?
No, pets are not permitted on the LA Big 5k, LA Marathon, or Charity Relay courses. The LA Big 5k is put on by LA Marathon Inc., and your spcaLA is an official charity partner of the LA Marathon and the LA Big 5k. We run for the animals in this race, not with them.
Why does spcaLA need me?
Because there is NO NATIONAL spca or humane society, and spcaLA is not a chapter of any group or a part of a government agency, we rely on donations to fuel animal cruelty investigations, violence-prevention initiatives, pet adoptions, and a host of programs and services. Thank you!
Do I get anything?
Yes, not only will you get an spcaLA t-shirt and the satisfaction in knowing you are making a real difference in the lives of abused and abandoned animals, you will also get a race medal, an official race shirt, water and snacks pre/post race, and goodies from Big 5 and other race vendors on race day and at the Marathon Expo!
Have questions? Get in touch!
- (323) 730-5300, x233
Last year’s team raised $20,000 for abandoned and abused animals right here in Southern California. Check out the highlights!