- This event has passed.
spcaLA Day in Los Angeles
January 27, 2016
January 27th is OFFICIALLY spcaLA Day in Los Angeles!
Los Angeles City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield led the Council in declaring that today, January 27, 2016 spcaLA Day in the City of Los Angeles as spcaLA celebrates its 139th anniversary.
For 139 years, your spcaLA has been a part of the fabric of LA. Founded just twenty-seven years after the City of Los Angeles was incorporated, spcaLA formed in 1877 to protect those who people deemed to be “just women,” “just children,” “just horses,” and “just pets.” We were the first voice for the voiceless in Los Angeles, and today we continue to prevent cruelty to animals through Education, Law Enforcement, Intervention and Advocacy.
Will you help us celebrate? Here are a few ideas.
- Join Team spcaLA for the LA Big 5k! Raise funds and help stop animal cruelty with each step on Saturday, February 13th!
- Talk to your kids about the importance of being kind to animals. Consider joining us for Friends for Life summer camp or a Pet Care Patch Workshop.
- Make a special spcaLA Day Donation.
- Add Report Animal Cruelty as a contact on your phone. So if you see animal cruelty, you can report it.
- Report Animal Cruelty Online
- spcaLA’s Cruelty Tipline: (800)540-7722, x285.
- Adopt! All three of spcaLA’s Pet Adoption Centers are open today and ready to help you find your Friend for Life.
- Already have an spcaLA pet? Share your photos on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! #spcaLA #Adopt #spcaLADayinLA
- Make today the day you register your Ralphs card to give back to spcaLA, or patronize another of our shopping partners.
- Give your pet a present! Enroll in an spcaLA Dog Training class, shop for goodies at the spcaLA Marketplace, or book a reservation at the spcaLA Pet Hotel & Grooming Salon.
However you celebrate, you should stand a little taller today. After all, you, and donors like you, are the reason that spcaLA has kept millions of animals safe from harm since 1877. There is no national spca or humane society. There is only you.
Happy spcaLA Day! Check out the history of your spcaLA!