Dogs must be current on their Rabies, DHPP (or equivalent) and Bordetella vaccines and be in good general health. Fees paid for dogs excused from class due to a medical concern who are unable to return to class will not be refunded.
spcaLA and the Veterinary Public Health Dept. recommends that all dogs who are frequently exposed including but not limited to, travel, competitions, boarding, and group play activities should be vaccinated against canine influenza, including H3N2.
DOGS IN HEAT
Dogs in heat are not permitted to attend class. No refund, exchange, or extension will be issued.
spcaLA group classes are not meant to address serious aggression or behavior issues. Dogs exhibiting these behaviors will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. If your animal is displaying behaviors that may cause concern, please schedule Private Training by contacting training@spcaLA.com.
Some classes have prerequisites or items that must be completed prior to enrollment. These range from taking a specific class to being invited by the trainer to attend the class. Please read the description of each class to ensure you and your dog are ready to attend. If you enroll in a class and it is determined that your dog does not meet the prerequisites for participation, you will be excused from the class without refund.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Classes fill quickly. You may register online. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration, no exceptions. Please email training@spcaLA.com if you need additional information about class availability.
Please be on time to class. In deference to other students, those who arrive 10 minutes late to class will not be admitted and will be marked as absent. Please note: we do not offer make-up sessions if you are unable to attend a regularly scheduled class.
Please note, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Classes must be paid for in full at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled start date including online registrations and manual registrations.
- Every student must submit an online registration.
- If space is still available class registrations will be accepted until the start of the scheduled class.
- Refunds & cancellations offered until 72 hours prior to the class’ scheduled start date.
- Students must request a cancellation no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled class start date.
- Refunds will be processed within one week of students request for refund/cancellation.
- No refunds or cancellations after the first night of class.
- No drop-ins or pro-rated class fees.
- Once payment is received you will receive a receipt and class information via email.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS, RESCHEDULING & HOLIDAYS
Most classes run weekly for six weeks—view specific class descriptions for more information. Classes can be cancelled and/or postponed with no notice. We will do our best to alert you if classes are cancelled or rescheduled, so you may adjust your schedule accordingly. You will receive the full number of sessions, but the class end date may be later than anticipated. Below is the current list of days in which classes are not held. This is only a preliminary list of dark days; individual classes can be cancelled and anytime without notice and the end date adjusted accordingly. This is usually due to weather. Refunds are not given if you are unable to attend any scheduled classes.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (as well as the day before and after)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day